AVK bolting and gasket system
- 316 stainless steel bonnet bolts will never come in contact with water or soil and are 100% protected against corrosion.
- Unique gasket has round inserts for bolts, which are countersunk into the tapped valve body and capped with hot-melt.
- Easily disassembled after years of service - but, you’ll never need to...
AVK’s standard stem material can be offered in:
- stainless steel 316 or Aluminium bronze C63020, providing more than twice the yield strength required by AWWA; Potential for bent and broken stem is
Threads are cold-rolled, ensuring smooth thread edges for low operating torque.
Unique wiper-ring protects stem from contact with soil and water.
EPDM/NBR wedge w/captive wedge nut
Standard EPDM wedge is taste and odor free, stands up to chlorine and other disinfectants.
Optional NBR wedge can be supplied for harsh mediums.
Wedge nut is fully encapsulated in the wedge, resulting in efficient mechanical motion and 10X the open/close operations vs. competitors; Provides higher torque resistance and prevents rubber wear and leakage.
- Every AVK valve has a unique serial number engraved on the stem – also shown on the valve label; Serial number provides complete traceability to the date the valve was built, and every operation performed throughout the manufacturing process.
- AVK is the only gate valve and fire hydrant manufacturer in the USA with a Quality Assurance program that requires serializing every product for traceability.
UL listed and FM approved up to 24” diameter.
Series 55 gate valves up to 24” are UL Listed at 200 PSI operating pressure and FM approved at 250 PSI operating pressure.